Why Our Pub is Great
Whether you’re a local looking for a well-kept pint of real ale or a family on holiday in the Peak District, you’ll find a warm welcome at The Stepping Stones pub. Situated on the edge of Ashbourne, we’re a short drive from the start of the National Park. Come for a drink on our large patio, a business lunch, or a well-earned meal at the end of a hard day’s walk.
The centrepiece of our pub is our rotisserie oven, which roasts tender, freshly-prepared birds daily. Choose your sauces and sides and prepare to lose yourself in rotisserie heaven. With traditional and modern accompaniments on offer, there’s plenty to tantalise whatever your tastes.
Fancy a great British pub meal? Ours are carefully chosen for their flavour and comfort-food status, and served with just the right touch of flair by chefs passionate about the best ingredients. If you’re bringing the kids, our children’s menu is sure to satisfy the smallest and biggest chicks in the family. And our outdoor children’s play area is perfect for working up an appetite.
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About Our Food
Dishes are always freshly prepared using quality ingredients; like our Red Tractor farm-assured chicken, our responsibly-fished cod and haddock and the langoustine tails in our golden Whitby scampi that are fished in UK waters.
Book a table for a special occasion, or call in for a week day treat. Our pub is suitable for every occasion when you can be sure you’ll have the best pies, burgers, steaks and curries as well as our signature rotisserie chicken on offer. You’ll also find exclusive dishes created by our chefs in our annual Chef of the Year competition.View our Menus